Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Testimony of A Pilgrim to Maran and Panching

Vanakam my dearest friends,

Below is the testimony of one of the pilgrim who came with me on  recent trip to Panching and Maran .
This is an unedited email I received today from him.


Trip to Maran and Panching


Vanakkam. As a devotee of Mahadeva, I am always in search of any information about Him in any medias available. I believe it is only His will that I stumbled upon a website, that too, a Malaysian website about spiritual matters. I always wanted to go on a pilgrimage, precisely India, but, I do believe God is omnipresent and we could have darshan of the Supreme even in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I vowed to do abhishekam in Maran few months ago, and thisblogger was organizing a trip to Maran and Panching Sivan Temple...yes, His will indeed! 

God works in many ways... I went together in a car to Maran and Panching with 4 other people. I met the organizer of the trip, Mr. Sivajnani, a wise Chinese uncle called Kannan, a spiritual soul-Madam Saraswati and a quiet man with a search for something- Mr. Siva. How God comes into this matter, one might ask? As  a Malaysian Indian, I am a novice when it comes to spirituality and religion. Only through His grace that I am able to learn just by observing these people and listening to their work and perspectives about religion and spirituality on the journey to the said destinations. 

The organizer is a noble man, and he should be applauded for his noble intention creating awareness to our society about Hindusim. The Chinese uncle is the testimony that God is present in everyone, as He doesn't have a micron of prejudice and is fair to all, and this proves that God dwells in all man. This uncle knows almost all the Thirumurai and Thevaram by heart and I came into realization that there is so much more for me to learn in my quest to learn my own religion! Madam Saraswati braved the long journey and fleet of steps to climb the Panching Sivan temple, thus proving that when you have grit and determination, anything can be done, and Her one-pointed bhakti made her have darshans of both the Moolavars of the temples, without any problems due to her age. Mr. Siva, was a man of few words and it appeared to me, that he had some prayers to God, and what I liked was his his faith to come all the way to Maran and Paching. 

The Maran temple is a majestic temple with a unique Lord Muruga. No one should miss to have a darshan of Lord Skanda here. One the other hand, the Panching Sivan temple is a unique and exotic temple I have ever been in Malaysia. Words cannot express my delight to see Mahadeva in His majestic presence there in Panching. 

I must  like to say that this trip etched good memories and gave me a lot of insights on how to become a better Hindu. The journey with these noble souls was indeed a satsang. I just wish that may many other out there would benefit from such a trip in the future. May God bless us all. 

Sincerely, 

Shiva Devotee-Ipoh

No comments: